2019 has been another busy year for Boston’s growing hotel market. Since the beginning of the year, there have been eleven new hotel openings, adding over 2,300 rooms to the city’s inventory. In this week’s blog, we share with you everything you need to know about the latest additions to Boston’s ever changing hotel landscape.
New Hotels Close to the BCEC
• CAMBRiA Hotel Boston Downtown opened on September 30th on 6 West Broadway in South Boston, just 1 miles from the BCEC. The hotel has 159 rooms and a spectacular 4,000-square-foot rooftop featuring innovative food and beverage offerings.
• Hyatt Centric Faneuil Hall Boston: The new 12-story, 165-key Hyatt Centric boutique hotel opened in February in the heart of Downtown Boston overlooking Post Office Square. Amenities include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, a full service concierge, restaurant on-site, fitness center, and more.
• Moxy BostonDowntown: Open later this month in Boston’s Theater District, the Moxy features 340 “micro” guest rooms and 2,000 sq. ft. of unique meeting space. Amenities include a rooftop lounge with panoramic views of Boston’s skyline.
• citizenM Boston North Station: On August 5th, the Dutch chain citizenM, opened its first U.S. hotel outside of New York in one of Boston’s hottest new developments: The Hub on Causeway. The new citizenM hotel is located 1.8 miles from the BCEC, and features 272 rooms and a rooftop terrace with stunning views of the Boston skyline.
New Hotels Close to the Hynes
• Four Seasons Hotel One Dalton Boston: Boston’s newest luxury hotel opened in May with 215 rooms, two ballrooms, and five event rooms right next door to the Hynes Convention Center. Among the hotel’s unique amenities are two on-site restaurants, including renowned Japanese restaurant Zuma, a wellness floor with five treatment rooms, curved swimming pool with spectacular wall of floor-to-ceiling windows, and more.
• The Whitney Hotel Boston: The luxury boutique Whitney Hotel opened in July in Boston’s historic Beacon Hill neighborhood. Amenities include an intimate courtyard for guests to enjoy, a fitness center, the option to rent a sailboat or yacht to cruise the Charles River, and the Whitney Bike Program allowing guests to take a bike out for the day.
• Residence Inn Boston Downtown South End: The new Residence Inn opened in January with 135 rooms. The hotel features complimentary Wi-Fi, complimentary hot breakfast buffet, onsite laundry, and more.
The First Gaming Hotel in Urban Boston
The Encore Boston Harbor officially opened on June 23 and features a 210,000-square-foot casino; 15 dining and lounge venues; 671 guest rooms and suites; 50,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor event space, and an ultra-premium spa. Situated in Everett, MA, just 3 miles north of Downtown Boston, the Encore features a four-season, six-acre Harborwalk with pedestrian and bike paths, picnic park, gazebo, viewing decks, waterfront dining, and lush green space with unique floral displays.
Additional New Hotels in Cambridge and Boston’s Surrounding Neighborhoods
• Hotel 1868 in Cambridge opened in May with 50 rooms
• Staybridge Suites/Holiday Inn Express Boston Quincy opened in June with 180 rooms
• Fairfield Inn & Suites Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea added another 72 rooms to the existing Residence Inn to offer a dual-branded hotel
Expected to Open in the Next Two Years
• Hyatt Place Boston Seaport District – 294 rooms – Spring 2020
• Hampton Inn/Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston Seaport – 416 rooms – Fall 2020
• Home2Suites by Hilton – 130 rooms – 2020
• Omni Boston Hotel at the Seaport – 1054 rooms – Spring 2021
• Doubletree by Hilton Boston Bayside addition – 84 rooms – Spring 2021
• Raffles Boston Back Bay – 154 rooms – 2022
Our innovative, first-of-its-kind, Hotel Relations & Services Team is your personal concierge to the Boston hotel community – and they have their finger on the pulse of Boston’s hot hotel market. If you have questions about the hotel landscape in Boston, contact Phyllis Cheng, Director, Hotel Relations & Services. Alternatively, our easy-to-use Hotel Finder can help you to explore Boston hotels and to identify which ones are best suited to meet your event’s housing requirements.