The Massachusetts Convention Center Authority (MCCA) continues to diligently monitor the COVID-19 outbreak and is following the recommendations set forth by Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker.
On March 15, Governor Baker issued an emergency order limiting gatherings to 25 individuals and prohibiting on-premises consumption of food or drink at bars and restaurants, effective until April 6.
We are working with clients around the clock to reschedule the events that are impacted by these restrictions. Please contact your dedicated sales manager should you have any questions or concerns regarding your Boston event.
We are also taking advantage of this window of time to advance a significant number of capital projects to make sure our facilities are better equipped for future events.
Although we’re not actively hosting events at the BCEC and the Hynes, we continue following our newly established rigorous cleaning protocols:
• We have 75% more hand sanitizing stations (liquid dispensers and disinfecting wipe stations). In addition, the MCCA offers liquid hand sanitizer in all restrooms.
• Cleaning efforts and staff levels have doubled with dedicated teams concentrating on all touch points (door handles, elevator buttons, escalator handrails, and restroom surfaces).
• The cleaning staff has received additional training on the preventative cleaning measures, necessary to halt the transmission of the virus on common surfaces, and personal protection measures needed to safely perform during their workday.
• The number of complete air exchanges through the HVAC programming controls within each facility has increased.
• Our facilities use EPA-certified, hospital-grade disinfectants that disinfect surfaces in 60 seconds.
• All Digital Displays are playing flu prevention messaging.
• Signage and posters have been placed in back of house areas to remind staff of good hygiene.
Boston is open for future bookings. If you need to change the dates of an event that hasn’t been accommodated by another city or are simply looking for a date in the future, don’t hesitate to reach out at sales@SignatureBoston.com.